WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is for builders, designers, architects, and contractors who are looking to achieve higher performance housing in a cost-effective way. Estimators, trades, renovators, project managers, site supers/coordinators, and product suppliers will also find tremendous benefit from this workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
You’ll learn how to use NRCan’s Cost Benefit Analysis Tool to give yourself a clear and customized path forward to improved energy efficiency for the homes you build, with as little change to your current workflow and as cost-effectively as possible.
HOW THE SESSION WORKS?
- A NRCan-vetted trainer will provide a guided walk-through of the Cost Benefit Analysis Tool.
- A regional case study home with generic cost estimates will be used to explore potential upgrades, and you’ll be able to incorporate your knowledge of local technology availability and pricing.
- Find lower cost approaches using NRCan tools, preloaded costing data, and your own rough estimate costing overrides.
- Work with other stakeholders to see trends and opportunities for your region and find the cost optimal solutions that make the most sense.
- Decide on the performance levels of most interest to you for the homes you build.
- Use the Cost Benefit Analysis Tool to find cost-effective and non-disruptive upgrades to achieve energy efficiency targets for the various performance tiers of the upcoming 2020 National Building Code.
Date & Time: March 10, 2022 9:00 am – 11:30 am
Cost: CHBA Members $75 + tax Non-Members $250 + tax Students $20 + tax
Facilitator: Stephen Magneron | HomeSol Building Solution Inc.
Host: The Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA)
Registration: Click HERE to register.