City launches Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program to help homeowners make energy efficiency improvements
Through the new Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program, homeowners can get a zero-interest loan of up to the lesser of $125,000 or 10 per cent of the current value of their home to cover the cost of home energy improvements.
Measures eligible for financing through the program include:
- Basement, attic and exterior wall insulation
- Air sealing (such as weather stripping or caulking)
- Window and door replacements
- Air and ground source heat pumps
- Solar hot water systems
- Solar photovoltaic systems
- Battery storage
- Electric vehicle charging stations (level 2)
- Additional dwellings such as granny suites or basement apartments (up to 30 per cent of the total loan amount)
You can combine the Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program with other available energy efficiency rebates and incentives such as the Canada Greener Homes Grant and Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate.
The City is working with EnviroCentre, an Ottawa based non-profit organization to administer the program. Find out more about the Better Homes Ottawa – Loan Program and apply at betterhomesottawa.ca. The new Better Homes Ottawa website also includes everything you need to know to make your home more energy efficient and climate friendly.