Outdoor Kitchen Renovations
Summer is in full swing and with the warm weather and easing of COVID-19 restrictions comes opportunities for outdoor living and entertaining.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have all your summer meals outdoors, especially when the days are long and the sun stays in the sky long into the evening?
That’s right — we’re talking about outdoor kitchen renovations.
With any renovation, it helps if you take time to start with some homework, researching ideas and prioritizing what you would like to include. For example:
● You may want great outdoor appliances, a large covered area, and outdoor sinks.
● You might consider a sleek bar area with under-counter refrigerators, garbage pullouts, large built-in drawers, and other storage for all the things you’d like to have at hand: condiments, glasses, plates, cutlery and so on.
● You’ll want a good floor that will not be slippery if there are spills — but that cleans easily.
● You might consider a comfortable seating area for guests, gentle lighting, and an elegant dining area.
● Perhaps there will be a firepit, access to power to play music, easy access to the indoor kitchen and powder room, or maybe a screened-in area.
● You may also want to think about landscaping. For example, do you want built-in flower planters, or perhaps even space for a small garden for growing herbs?
There are plenty of excellent RenoMark Renovators in the Ottawa area who can help you decide the best plan and design to suit the space you have. Renovators may also offer suggestions to enhance access to your kitchen from within your home so the “flow of traffic” works smoothly and efficiently.
Here’s to happy summers with great exterior living spaces to enjoy them from!