Your search for professional renovator starts here...
The RenoMark™ symbol identifies those renovation contractors who have agreed to the Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association (GOHBA) Code of Ethics as well as a renovation-specific Code of Conduct. RenoMark™ renovators are professional contractors who provide warranties, who understand the value of customer service during and following projects, and who have access to information on current trends, the latest materials and new regulations.
A RenoMark™ Renovator will:
- Be a member in good standing with the GOHBA
- Abide by the GOHBA Code of Ethics
- Provide a detailed, written contract (including scope of work) for all jobs
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair)
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability and/or only work with subcontactors who carry such coverage
- Carry all applicable licences and permits
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge on current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education at the GOHBA
- Maintain a safe and organized work site
- Return phone calls within two business days